Sunday, September 11, 2011

The First Interview

Armed with my skimpy resume and a two year business degree, I was ready for the corporate world.  Unfortunately, the corporate world wasn’t ready for me.  Finally, I landed an interview with a prestigious company.  I primped my look and packed my briefcase with everything needed to make a good impression. 

It went all downhill from there.  First, I got lost.  Then, I fell as I rushed to make the appointment, skinning my knee on the offending cracked concrete.  Frazzled and mourning my torn, bloody hosiery, I met with Mr. Smith. He reminded me of Mr. Cotter except he looked as unkempt as the parking lot.  He focused more on the huge zit in the middle of his forehead (which he felt needed popping in my presence) instead of me.  I narrowly dodged the projectile.  Mercifully, the interview was quick and thankfully, I was not offered a job.    

No comments:

Post a Comment